Sometimes, all you need may be a maternity session to capture your journey into parenthood. Our standalone Beautiful Anticipation session is a maternity-only session meant for mummies and daddies who won't be giving birth in Singapore, mummies and babies who won't be able to leave the house after birth, or those who simply haven't decided on whether they need a newborn session just yet.
Beginning of a journey
Maternity sessions are an excellent way for expectant couples to capture all the joy and anticipation you'll feel during pregnancy. As your body goes through many changes, expectant moms have been known to have a “pregnancy glow”, while expectant dads have the tendency to smile a lot.
The best time to schedule your session is around 28-32 weeks when the belly is nice and round. This will vary with each woman– and some women who carry small, or gain very little weight may choose to wait until 33-35 weeks.
- up to 1.5 hours studio session during weekends
- up to 3 looks/setups
- 15 artistically enhanced digital images in full resolution, canvas-ready
- 4R prints of all selected images
- Printing right
There will be an additional charge of $100 if the belly session is done at your own place or at an agreed upon outdoor location in Singapore.
This session will be fully styled by us.
- Session extensions may be chargeable at $120 per hour.
- Belly sessions are meant for mommies and daddies to commemorate the excitement and anticipation surrounding the wait for your precious little one(s). However , if you would also like to include older siblings (up to 2 pax) or even family pets in your session, there will be an additional fee of $80. NOTE: Pets aren't allowed in our studio. If you want to include your fur baby(ies) during your session, it will be done at either your place or an outdoor location.
- There will be an additional charge of $100 if the belly session is done at your own place or at an agreed upon outdoor location in Singapore.
- Hair and Makeup is available for $200. This is subject to availability.
- Setup – could include mummy only, mummy and daddy, mummy with older kid(s) or family, max of 4
- All chosen images will be in colour and black & white with printing rights.
- Please note that Bows and Ribbons Photography does not give out or sell RAW files/unedited work.
- We do not “return all photographs” because all our images are not deemed finished products until they have gone through the various stages of culling (removing duplicates), colour adjustments, digital editing, and finishing touches.
Our sessions are done in our boutique lifestyle studio using all natural light. Should you want it to be done at your place, please ensure your home is adequately lit by natural light. Our shoots will typically take place early in the morning, to make the most of the neutral color temperature of early morning sunlight. We usually conduct the session between 10:30am to 12:00pm.
These sessions are done over weekends.
Styling your session
We will plan your session to ensure our expectations for its overall look and feel are perfectly aligned. By understanding what’s important to you, we will then style your session with our signature rustic aesthetic while incorporating personal elements that are meaningful to you.
From choosing a colour palette for your session—which includes your own outfit (and lingerie) or dresses and robes from our Studio Wardrobe Collection—to books you're currently reading or even your favourite flowers!
We will have a 15-minute consult over the phone to plan our session and to run through the questionniare you will receive once your booking has been confirmed.
Having older siblings join in, too!
Expecting a little bundle of joy means you’ll soon be experiencing a monumental change in your life. However, if this isn’t your first child, the lives of your first and second (or maybe third?) born are about to change significantly, too! This is why we always encourage parents to include their older children in our maternity sessions.
After Your Session
- Images take two (2) weeks to process for the first viewing. You will receive a password-protected online preview gallery where you can view the photographs from our session. We typically process about 10% to 15% of the images achieved during a session.
- You will be given two (2) weeks to select your favorite photographs.
- Final images are in full resolution, canvas-ready and will be available for download minimum of four (4) weeks after you have selected your photographs from your online gallery.
- All final images will have been individually hand-edited by us, and are never outsourced, to ensure that they meet our highest artistic and consistency standards. This may result in occasional delays depending on our workload, but this is because each and every image is created entirely by us, from our camera to your final gallery.